- This event has passed.
School Coaching for Transformational Change
August 18, 2021 @ 7:45 am – August 19, 2021 @ 3:00 pm
Target Audience: Pre-K-12 Instructional Coaches, TOSAs, Administrators, Principals
Coaching is fast becoming a viable model for change and growth with the capacity to enhance continuous leadership development, the quality of teaching, and student learning. Coaching is an interaction style that requires an additional skillset that takes specific training and time to develop. Learning how to support teachers/educators requires the coach to have high levels of emotional and social intelligence, the ability to customize on the spot, and the ever-increasing aptitude for patience and flexibility.
The purpose of our training is to prepare participants to coach within a customized framework that meets district and school site needs. As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Develop coaching competencies and effective coaching behaviors that build on strengths, motivate learning, and set high expectations
- Gain a greater awareness of current coaching theories, trends, and research
- Explore the core competencies the International Coach Federation has determined essential for effective coaching
- Clarify the roles of consultant, mentor, and coach
- Learn the 3 keys to establishing an effective coaching relationship with educators
- Discuss essential elements in building a working relationship with the principal to build a coaching culture in schools (roles, responsibilities, boundaries, confidentiality and other)
- Observe modeled coaching and practice coaching with peers
- Explore the professional coaching standards, guidelines, and ethics (International Coach Federation or ICF)
- Create an initial coaching action plan for working with K-12 educators
- Foster and maintain an on-going practice for cultivating self-awareness, mindfulness, and self-reflective practices
- Establish an ongoing partnership with a coaching peer to practice and receive coaching
Dates & Times: Wednesday and Thursday August 18-19, 2021. 8 AM PST -3 PM PST.
Fee: $450 Payment required before training day/no refunds after Aug 10, 2021. Proceedings may be recorded.
**This training is applicable to educators in their first few years of coaching who need in-depth professional development and support.**
Social distancing & masks will be strictly enforced at this event to ensure the safety of all attendees. If you are having any symptoms or have been in close contact with anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please do not attend. Our staff will be taking extra precautions to ensure additional sanitizing and cleaning procedures are strictly followed to ensure the safety of all attendees and staff at this event. Please note that while safety is our #1 priority we can not be held responsible for everyone’s health, and we greatly rely on our guests to ensure the health and safety of everyone in attendance.
33 people are attending School Coaching for Transformational Change