“Your compassion and knowledge are legendary.” Joan Flora, Director of Clinical Practices, University of Portland
Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential (ICF definition)
Coaching is not advice giving or telling. Professional coaches hold the belief that clients hold their own answers. The coach helps the client create awareness and discover the reservoir of resources within. The process is extremely empowering for the client.
We all have goals and aspirations we want to achieve, challenges we are striving to overcome, visions that need clarity, and blockages that can sabotage our movements. Dr. Norwood has been coaching leaders, coaches, teachers, and graduate students for over 25 years. In partnering with Kathy, you will discover hidden potentials, unleash your creativity, access your inner wisdom, and improve your outlook on work and life.
“I was fortunate to learn from Kathy Norwood early in my career as an instructional coach. Not only did she help strengthen my ability to listen deeply and ask the right questions, but she also taught me how organize a coaching session in order to empower the coachee to have a clear next step. I was also fortunate to have Kathy coach me. Her coaching sessions were transformational for me and helped me grow into my leadership. Since those beginning coaching sessions, I went on to earn my doctorate in Educational Leadership, serve as a building level and a district level administrator, and lead for instruction at the state level.”
Alexa Pearson, EdD Director of Standards and Instruction, Oregon Department of Education
Coaching is an accelerated growth model. For those seeking transformational coaching, it becomes more than mere development. It is an awakening to your best self. You hold the essential keys to every aspect of your life. As a coach, Kathy will help you access your personal and professional power.
“One on one coaching with Kathy Norwood has been a journey of self-discovery that has greatly refined the way I mentor teachers. In each coaching session, Kathy touches my soul in a way that transforms who I am at every layer of my being. I am constantly becoming empowered to be the very best version of myself.”
Marilyn Lahue-McCully, EdD New Teacher Mentor, Woodburn School District
Through her many years of study as a scholar/practitioner, Kathy has learned to apply holistic approaches to coaching in order to address the whole person. She blends a mix of theory and research with nuanced intuition. She listens deeply, and with compassion holds space for clients to discover themselves and their own answers.
People come to Kathy for coaching for personal and professional reasons. Below are a few topics often brought to coaching:
- Develop leadership competencies, increase performance
- Accelerate organizational growth
- Manage change initiatives
- Learn to delegate
- Design and implement coaching programs in their districts
- Learn to build capacity in others
- Create a coaching culture
- Discover and address issues of equity
- Optimize individual and teamwork performance
- Prioritize and design plans
- Increase well-being and job satisfaction
- Find work/life balance/self-care
- Improve work attitudes and behaviors
- Learn to better self-regulate emotions
- Become more self-directed
- Grow into the role and position one has been given (leader, coach, etcetera)
- Increase self-esteem/self-confidence
- Expand professional career opportunities
- Improve communication skills
- Learn to deal with conflict and resistance
- Increase social and emotional intelligence
- Build resiliency
- Explore deeper assumptions and beliefs that if adjusted, would bring about transformation
Take your first step and call or email Kathy. She provides a 30-minute free consultation to help you explore if her services are a fit for you.
“No two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind.” Resource: Napoleon Hill, “Think and Grow Rich”